[78-L] Edward VIII Abdication Records

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 10 15:38:48 PST 2013

Interesting that you have a CBS recording.  The recordings I have (except
the BBC pressing) seem to be from an NBC broadcast.  We should really get
together and do some listening and trading...

Of course, the best sounding audio seems to be on the BBC's site, which was
recorded in Britain and doesn't suffer from shortwave sound.  There's a
British commercial pressing I'm chasing down...it'll be interesting to see
what it sounds like and if there are any announcements on either side of the
speech.

Did Temple really trash the collection or sell it off in a "friends of the
library" sale?

Sammy Jones