[78-L] SPECIAL B. Blue Amberol Cylinder??

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Thu Nov 7 18:23:23 PST 2013

When the wax Amberol cylinder came out in 1908 and again  when the Blue
Amberol came out in 1912, Edison gave the purchasers of new machines or
converting kits a set of 10 or 12 cylinders that were available only
that way.  They were "numbered" Special A, Special B, etc.  I don't
think the two sets were the same recordings.  My reference books are too
low in the pile to check.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com