[78-L] Vince Giordano & the Nighthawks on Fresh Air

David Sanderson dwsanderson685 at roadrunner.com
Thu Nov 7 08:03:51 PST 2013

On 11/7/2013 10:49 AM, Bud Black wrote:
> It is not "American TV," it is American radio.
>
> Bud

I was referring to "Boardwalk Empire," which was the occasion for the
radio interview, and, I suppose, hearing the recordings as being a
manifestation of the TV show; hence my comparison.

Absent the TV connection, my feeling is that Vince's work is
underappreciated, and that eventually his collection - and his musical
work - will be seen as a uniquely valuable resource for American musical
history, in particular because it covers the period of the development
of jazz and its spread over the world.

--
David Sanderson
East Waterford Maine