[78-L] Canadian, American, like what's the difference eh?

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Mon Nov 4 07:33:02 PST 2013

The Canadian patriotic Columbia P series (blue-white with flag) has been discussed here long ago.
Did Canadian Columbia press records from the US catalog (A- & -D series) of the teens/20s ?
If yes, how can such pressings be recognized (minor differences on labels) ?

han enderman
===

The Canadian operation pressed many of the important recordings but also tried
to replace many with their own versions in the 216xxx series. I never saw a US
Victor in the flesh till I began serious collecting in the early 60s, other
than the odd one someone had brought up on a trip.
Columbias were a different story, looked almost identical.
Brunswicks said made in Canada but the labels were virtually identical
(not forgetting the earliest Vertical ones which were pressed only in Canada).

dl

On 11/4/2013 7:51 AM, rjh334578gmail wrote:
> Were American Victors available at all in Canada?
>
> Sent from my iPod - which explainz the bad typjng
>
> On Nov 3, 2013, at 11:22 PM, David Lennick<dlennick at sympatico.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> I just happened to catch a tv spot for ANCESTRY.CA, a Canadian site
>> (supposedly). Shows an old record spinning. An AMERICAN Victor
>> batwing. Nice
>> research, morons.
>>
>> dl
<<<