[78-L] How's this for chutzpah?

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Sat Nov 2 23:39:02 PDT 2013

"I'm Leaning On The Lord" depends from Paramount masters and originally
appeared on Pm 13119A circa January 1932. Then Champion got it (Ch
50056), also in early 1932. It was released on Decca 7446 in September,
1939. Then Joe Davis 7000 came out around late 1945 / early 1946. There
is no immediate indication that it appeared on Broadway a-tall.
I didn't think that the Champion 50000 series came out as early as 1932,
though, but it began c. March, 1935 with Paramount and QRS masters from
as early as 1928.
Phew!
Mal

*******