[78-L] Columbiola

bruce78rpm at comcast.net bruce78rpm at comcast.net
Wed Oct 30 12:56:53 PDT 2013

I would say this is how mistakes in popular articles that get read by many people, and unless it is corrected it soon becomes Historical truth as it spreads throughout the Radio and Phonograph Collecting world. All you have to do is Google Columbiola and just notice how many times that article appears ! But if you google Columbiola For Sale, or Columbiola Radio for Sale, you won't find any for sale. I remember in the early Phonograph/Radio Combinations, Columbia Partnered with the Kolster Radio Co. and Sold Columbia/Kolster Radio/Phonograph Combinations. A friend of mine is a Radio Collector with a very large collection of vintage Radios from every era. and I have never seen a Columbiola in his collection or ever heard him mention that name. Again, I would say with almost 99% certainty that the word is bogus.

Bruce