[78-L] War of the Worlds broadcast [was Here's another even more oddball 78 album]

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 28 12:16:58 PDT 2013

I was surprised nobody had mentioned this. Tomorrow night in Buffalo (isn't
that a Roger Miller song? Yeah, I know, Baltimore). There's been some
discussion re WOTW on a local radio-tv board (I forwarded the link to the huge
long page that features comment by everybody, including Mike and Liz) but was
wondering where the program was heard in Canada. Toronto heard it on CFRB,
which had a long-standing connection with CBS, but did the CBC get it in the
rest of the country or did they carry Charlie McCarthy?

dl