[78-L] insurance alternative for USPS imcld. 1st Class, UPS & FedEx OOPS!

H D Goldman thedoctor at discdoc.com
Thu Oct 24 14:14:48 PDT 2013

Over the years only twice.  You need to supply a copy of your shipping receipt & a copy of a note from the customer saying they didn't receive the package.  They take about 3 weeks to mail out funds.  Nothing more.

I must tell you that even before the advent of free tracking from USPS, it's been years since either the PO of FedEx lost or damaged a package.

Can't say that about UPS.  I quit using them over 5 years ago & every delivery from them looks like they used the package to wipe the streets.  A recently delivered pair of tennis shoes arrived filthy on all major surface & 1 short face of the outer box completely slit open.  They're also fond around here of leaving packages in the rain w/o putting them in the plastic bags they have on board.

The little know "Regional Boxes" are better usually priced & the boxes [which are not available at your local PO] can be ordered & delivered free of charge by calling the national tel #.  You may be able to get them online.  No so well suited for phonograph records but they works for lots of other things & price includes Priority shipping, $50 insurance & tracking.

Now, if I could just get some free shipping for all this nice advertising ...... it's a much improved business over the past 18 months.  It will get better as the older sloths finally retire.

Cheers,

Duane