[78-L] "Good" eBay or "bad" eBay?

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Oct 24 14:07:44 PDT 2013

Sometimes I think there must be two "eBays" on line...the terrible monster I
keep hearing about from some of you,  or the easy-to-use auction company
which I've come to count on.

I've been buying from eBay for nearly 15 years...I've had more than 10,000
transactions,  both as a seller but mostly as a buyer.  The number of
problems I've had can be counted on the fingers of one hand (I do have all
five fingers!).

That said,  over the years I've found that I'm always more than satisfied
when dealing with established sellers who know that they are doing.   For
example,  I've bought literally hundreds of records from Warren Hodgdon for
thousands of dollars,  and have never had even one glitch.

EBay is only as good or bad as the buyer and seller involved in a
transaction.

As far as eBay's "bureaucracy" I have no issues.  Pay Pal is the most
convenient form of sending and receiving money I've ever encountered.  None
of my sellers overcharge in any way for shipping.

But of course the fewer record hunters who make use of eBay...the more for
the rest of us!

Taylor