[78-L] NBC Chimes Song

Sammy Jones sjones69 at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 22 18:51:08 PDT 2013

I think we've discussed this before, but I can't find the thread.

I've been reading Mark Durenberger's excellent treatise on AT&T Long Lines
and their use by the radio networks, and he includes a link to the NBC
Chimes Song ("I Love You").  Has anyone ever been able to find out the
singer or orchestra on the recording?  I can't find any mention on the web
of any discographical details, though there's a debate raging on YouTube
over the singer.  Sounds like Frank Parker to me.

Here's the song on YouTube (the version Mark links to is almost identical,
but has some reverb added).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu3z7RhgnjY

It's definitely running off-pitch.  Taking it up a quartertone puts the
chimes at the beginning at CAF, but it still sounds slow to me.  I tried
raising it GEC, but it sounded ridiculously fast.

Sammy Jones