[78-L] Benny Goodman Trio plays for Fletcher Henderson Fund

David Jessup dgjessup at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 18:04:36 PDT 2013

Along with the releases listed below (CD is Classics 1436), the session can be found on:

Columbia G4-14 (Russ Connor lists this as an EP set, but I wouldn't be surprised if it
was actually a box of 45s {one cut per side}; I haven't examined a copy);

AFRS Station Library P-2497 / P-2498 (with the LP's side 1 contents on P-2498 side, LP's side 2 on P-2497).

The MB-1000 is the first issue, with the disc's label stating "This Record Is Not For Public Sale."

The Columbia reissues (retail-priced) apparently cheesed off those collectors who'd paid premium prices for the MB issue, but
Ross Firestone mentioned Goodman was a prime mover behind Columbia's re-release to push for more revenue for Henderson.

- David Jessup
======