[78-L] Freddie Wacker - drums

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 16 07:58:05 PDT 2013

On 16/10/13 15:27, Thomas Stern wrote:
> Anyone have information about Freddie Wacker ??? -
>   internet hits indicate he was also a race car driver.  Some members of the band
> have a BIX and SATCHMO connection.
>
> The only WACKER recordings I see:
>    1954 SONS OF BIX album (Squirrel Ashcraft).
>    1957 DOLPHIN 9 Windy City Seven
>
> Thanks, Thomas.

Lord 10.0 shows this other session:

The Fred Wacker Big Band Swings Cool:
Warren Kime, George Bean (tp) Cy Touff (tb) Tom Moses (as) Mike Simpson,
Kenny Soderblom (ts) Benny Bailey (bar) Ken Harrity (p) unknown b and d,
prob. Freddie Wacker (d)
Chicago, June, 1965
14140    When my sugar walks down the street    Cadet LP4050
14141    You stepped out of a dream         -
14142    These foolish things         -
14143    I wish you love         -
14144    You're driving me crazy         -
14145    Wrap your troubles in dreams         -
14146    Cherry         -
14147    Lullaby of the leaves         -
14148    Something's gotta give         -
14149    After you've gone         -
14150    Chicago         -
14151    Satin doll         -

      Julian Vein