[78-L] test - to see if my g-mail really is...^

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 14 19:45:06 PDT 2013

I'd guess nobody pointed it out because nobody else knew it - or it didn't work.  I'm glad it worked for you, but when it didn't work as expected I gave up, assuming it was what they wanted.  That was two days ago.  Gear box was just a dumb decoration.  Nothing. That was using Explorer.  In Firefox I got the dropdowns, but they didn't work.  Same for Chrome.  I tried it again a few minutes ago thanks to your mentioning it again and it worked.  Upon re-login, however, it was right back to threads, as though I had no say in the matter.  We'll see tomorrow.  I am not overly fond of gmail, either, and I really don't want to leave ol' Yahoo for all the stuff I think I have saved here, but....

Have any other Yahoo users gotten any notices about contact addresses being removed?  They've done that, too.
http://www.zdnet.com/anger-explodes-at-yahoo-mail-redesign-disaster-key-functions-removed-or-broken-7000021911/

Maybe this is the clue:
 Ad Free Mail doesn't have graphical ads. And it costs less than $5 a month to upgrade

For 60 bucks a year I wonder if you get more information, too.

"In no way does this excuse Yahoo's approach to its clients (we are payingfor its use through the ads most ignore). There is no justification for
them making unannounced changes and then not fully documenting them in a
Release Notes type of  publication as other software vendors have been
doing for decades."

It all sounds so familiar.  "We have to pass it to see what's in it."  Just like other diarrhea.

Maybe they'll wake up, but I'm not holding my breath waiting for it.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.