[78-L] Capitol Records during the recording ban

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 14 13:50:14 PDT 2013

The Ray McKinley date was done in NY, with a different matrix series (and
at least additional three unissued titles).  The Bobby Sherwood date was
done in LA, but with another different matrix series.   And master #77 was
"Mr. Anthony's Blues," a Johnny Mercer-Ella Mae Morse-Freddy Slack
collaboration from the July 31, 1942 Slack date.  It was issued on the
Mosaic Select Freddie Slack CD set  few years ago.

Dave Weiner