[78-L] Louie, Louis

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 1 20:35:38 PDT 2013

On 10/1/2013 11:25 PM, Michael Shoshani wrote:
> On 10/01/2013 10:01 PM, David Lennick wrote:
>> Speaking of Louie/Louis, is there an official spelling of the first name of Mr.
>> Bellson? I'm finding Louie and Louis within the same discographies, even on the
>> personnel of the same records.
>>
>> LOUIS BELLSON QUINTET includes LOUIE BELLSON, drums.
>

> His double-bass drum sets seem to have all said LOUIE on them. I saw
> quite a few images on Google, but these two will probably do:
>
> http://www.rockbottommusic.com/louie_bellson2.jpg
>
> https://img.youtube.com/vi/nBQWaCLlK9Y/0.jpg
>
> MS

Yeah, but. The spellings aren't even consistent on the same record..Norgran MG
N-7 is called "The Amazing Artistry of Louis Bellson" and S1C2 is titled "A
Pearl for Louie".

By the way, if anyone has this lp, I'd be grateful for composer info on these
titles (mine doesn't have the jacket and they aren't on the labels):

PERCUSSIONISTICALLY SPEAKING
A PEARL FOR LOUIE
COPASETIC