[78-L] Inquiry: Demise of the 10" Long Play

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 10:51:43 PDT 2013

I can tell you that Capitol discontinued 10-inch popular releases in 1955, though certain titles remained in print as late as 1959.

Columbia dropped its original 10-inch popular series in 1955, too, but the earlier year introduced a new 10-inch popular series (The "House Party" series). That one lasted into 1956.

Decca released its last 10-inch pop albums in 1956.

Randy