[78-L] Inquiry: Demise of the 10" Long Play

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 25 10:37:26 PDT 2013

In Britain there were still a few labels issuing both 10" and 12" LPs into the 60s ....e.g. Decca, Concert Hall etc.

Mainly classical but some popular items too.

There were 10" Stereo LPs of classical music being issued until at least 1962 or so and many earlier mono titles were still being pressed in the middle of the 60s (e.g. 50s Kathleen Ferrier LPs)

Regards
Matt