[78-L] Shirley Temple on Japanese Polydor

Harold Aherne leotolstoy_75 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 14:17:22 PDT 2013

I borrowed a spare Urim and Thummim from Joseph Smith. Well, actually the recording date is provided in the description below the video.

If it is Temple singing, the date could be problematic, as she was possibly working on WEE WILLIE WINKIE into March 1937. HEIDI was filmed from May to July. She did verifiably visit Honolulu that year, sailing from Los Angeles on 30 July and arriving on 5 August. She left Honolulu on 21 August; I don't know whether she used her trip as an occasion to visit Japan.

"Dtsch" is sometimes used as an abbreviation for "Deutsch" in the names of societies and organisations, although I can't guess the significance here. The Youtube uploader would be a better person to ask.

-HA