[78-L] Kitty Kallen

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sun Sep 1 06:19:39 PDT 2013

That's what I thought.  I think I've told some on this list about a very warm experience I had with Kallen back in 2006.  My sister was celebrating her 50th anniversary and when they married, "Little Things mean a Lot" was "their song".  They danced to it several times at their wedding and have kept it as the theme song of their marriage ever since.  After a couple of years trying to contact Kitty Kallen to see if I could get an autographed picture for them on their 50th, I finally reached her the day before the anniversary celebration and arranged for her to receive a cell phone call from me during the party.  When I passed the phone to my sister, without telling her who was on the line, (I was calling her Mrs. Granoff which is her current married name), it was a very emotional moment when my sister said "Hello" and without any preamble, Kitty started singing "Little Things...." to her.  They had a wonderful conversation and it was a call our
 family will never forget.  She invited me to come and visit her any time but when I went to her house in New Jersey, I found out that she had moved permanently to Mexico.  I will always revere Kitty Kallen for her kind gesture.

db

I would imagine that Doris Day, (who as far as I know is still alive), had a career which started as long ago as KK's although she also is no longer singing.