[78-L] THE DONKEY SERENADE

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Tue Aug 27 09:37:48 PDT 2013

Thanks guys.  That's exactly why I asked.  Jack was born January 14, 1938.
As the rumor goes , that is why Allan named his son "Jack".  Get it?
The Victor Red Seal has the Nat Shilkret Orchestra backing.  I have 5 or 6
recordings by Jones (none on 78) and I just listened to all of them.  They
are all different length crops from the soundtrack of "The Firefly" with the
MGM Studio Orchestra, so I can't check the goof David mentions.  Even the
track on RCA's 60 Years of Music America Loves Best Vol. II uses the
soundtrack version.
Related question...
Is there no longer any way to search Ty's discography?  I thought it would
be easy since I had the record label number, but I couldn't locate his
listing.
The Honking Duck site now seems to charge for a search.
RayK

From: David Lennick
Don't have Rust's CED handy, but the story I heard years ago was that it was
the same day or night Allan's son Jack was born, which could have accounted
for
his absent-mindedness (he totally misses the first couple of words in the
second verse).

Hollywood, January 13, 1938.
     Julian Vein