[78-L] table model Victrola, ca. 1919

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 09:58:11 PDT 2013

A friend --- not a collector --- received a table model Victrola (internal
horn, humpback lid, no. 2 reproducer) as a gift.  He knows nothing about
machines or discs of the period.

I inspected it recently and played several bat wing Victors on  it.  The
volume is very low.  Perhaps the reproducer needs work  --- I don't know and
can't help him.

He lives north of Minneapolis.  Can someone suggest someone,
geographically accessible, who repairs machines and might help him?

Paul Charosh

It's a handsome specimen.  The cabinet is clean, hasn't been  refinished
and doesn't need it.  The spring mechanism is functioning  properly and can
play a disc through at appropriate and constant speeds.   But the volume is a
problem. . .