[78-L] Larry Wagner, JImmy Eaton, & Frank Shuman

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Wed Aug 21 08:32:22 PDT 2013

Here's a couple of facts from ASCAP.  Wagner was an arranger for Glen Gray
from 1938 to 1942.  Eaton was guitarist in orchestras (no names mentioned)
until 1937.  No bands or instruments indicated for Shuman.
RayK

From: Clifford Bolling
I've been asked about the song writing team of Larry Wagner, JImmy Eaton, &
Frank Shuman.  Apparently, they wrote some popular songs,
No Matter What You Do To Me
Flamenco Love
Penguin at the Waldorf
The Walking Doll
and also, Larry Wagner had an orchestra and recorded for the A440 label
(maybe others?).
The question I've been asked is what instruments do these guys play, and are
they associated with any better known bands?
The songs they wrote were made popular by Horace Heidt, Frankie Carle, and
the Casa Loma Orchestra, but a quick look at Rust doesn't show them as being
part of any of these organizations.