[78-L] the song title switcheroo

Randy Watts rew1014 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 12 09:44:28 PDT 2013

Along these lines, I think the lyrical gender-switch that bothers me most is when women sing "Have You Met Miss Jones" and change it to something like "Sir Jones" or "Old Jones," or try to squeeze "Mister Jones" into the notes for "Miss Jones."

Kay Kyser's "He Wears a Pair of Silver Wings" always sounds like a lyric more suited to a woman than to Harry Babbitt. Patti Page's "I Went to Your Wedding," conversely, sounds like a lyric written for a man.

Randy