[78-L] Wax

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 8 16:03:34 PDT 2013

The notes on the first lp issue of Mendelssohn's "Elijah" (1949) refer to
English Columbia still recording on thick wax, which had to be heated to the
correct temperature and consistency even though the whole production was being
recorded in a mobile unit.

Interesting coincidence since Dave Burnham asked me earlier off-list whether
any of Ann Stephens' records were ever issued in the US. Teddy Bears Picnic
was, but that's it..and only that and Christopher Robin is Spraying his
Pears/Buckingham Palace were on 78 in Canada.

dl