[78-L] Lowest Velvet Tone number?

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Thu Aug 8 05:44:25 PDT 2013

VT appeared later.
The lowest numbered issue is 1017-V, Ferera (= Har 17-H), a reissue of a popular release.
Next known VT issues are:
1216-V Ferera again.
1243-V & 1271-V Lou Gold.
1256-57, 1272, 1288 (dance bands)
1292, 1294-95.
Pres. it is still not a current series then. In the 300s are several issues known, but still
with large gaps between the issues.

A similar problem is Diva.
Lowest-numbered reissue is 2275/76-G (= Har 275/276-H) by Charles Hilton & Yuletide Orch.
Next known is 2354-G WMCA Broadcasters.
After 2390-G Diva's become more regular, and pres. the label started at ca. 2400-G.

Albert Kramer is doing research on these labels (I quote from his lists)
and information on the existence of other early numbers is much appreciated.

han enderman
===
>>> Good question, Harold.  As far as I recall,  the earliest Velvet Tone number
I have is in the 300s and I don't recall ever seeing any older than that.
Taylor