[78-L] Wanna Buy a Record?

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 20 07:24:33 PDT 2013

I had Yorgesson's "I Yust Go Nuts at Christmas" and "Yingle Bells" on a Capitol 78 years ago.I was told he was killed in an auto accident around Eugene,Oregon some sixty or so years ago.I read of those Billy May recordings of Mel Blanc in one of the Time-Life series some 40 years ago.It was part of that series they did on  the Swing Era that Glen Gray started in about '56 and Billy May finished up in the '70s.I knew Skeets Herfurt,Al Hendrickson and John Best personally.Les Robinson was a casual acquaintance as was Bob Bain.Al gave me a lot of info on his experiences of his studio dates in Hollywood.I'd known him from 1980 until his death in 2007.