[78-L] Peter Appleyard obit

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 18 19:54:50 PDT 2013

I heard him twice with Benny at the Eastman Theater in Rochester in the early-mid Seventies.  One of those was among his earliest with BG as I recall him being introduced as the newest member, youngest member or some similar description from Benny.  I have one of the ticket stubs handy - July 28, 1973.  The autographed program from the other show is around here somewhere.  Slam Stewart held my attention most of the evenings, but I do recall being impressed with Peter and glad he was there the second time we caught them.

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.