[78-L] gudbye [was hullo ... !!!]

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jul 17 18:03:22 PDT 2013

From: Malcolm Rockwell <malcolm at 78data.com>
> Hmmm... it looks like we've run out of 78 related things to talk about!
> Malcolm

Unfortunately not. This was announced on facebook this afternoon:

Last call to experience the world's greatest, authentic, living 1920s -
'30s "hot-dance Jazz band": Vince Giordano and His Night Hawks at
Sofia's. It's the end of an era; leading hopefully to a new one. If I
ever encouraged you to go or invited you to join me NOW IS THE TIME! Sad
to report that Sofia's is closing in August (they have lost their
lease). Mr. Giordano doesn't know for sure if the last performance there
will be on Tuesday, August 13th or Tuesday, August 27th. They are
looking for a new home now.

Meanwhile you should catch them before Sofia's closes. It's an intimate,
speakeasy like venue with dancing too: Monday or Tuesday 8pm to 11. $15
cover for three hours of amazing music and reasonably priced 2 drink
min. Monday there's usually free street parking (after 7pm) west of 8th
Ave. Located in the basement of the Hotel Edison #221 W 46th St (46th
btw Broadway & 8th Ave) 212-719-5799 for reservations.

If you have a venue, or great idea for one- please call Mr. G at
718-376-3489 !