[78-L] NIXON LAWYER LEONARD GARMENT OBIT

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 18:22:46 PDT 2013

I just checked it out and since I do business with them I put it on my wish list.Thanks for the info.

 Subject: Re: [78-L] NIXON LAWYER LEONARD GARMENT OBIT
 To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
 Date: Monday, July 15, 2013, 8:13 PM

 It's available both new and used on
 Amazon:

 http://www.amazon.com/Orchestra-Featuring-Personalities-Musicians-Honorable/dp/B000VM0AJI/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1373937086&sr=1-1&keywords=The+First+Big+Band+To+Ever+Play+Bebop+%3A+Henry+Jerome+Orchestra+1944-45

 Roger Wade
 Really Old Records

 On Jul 15, 2013, at 8:48 PM, Dan Van Landingham wrote:

 > I remember hearing about Garment via George T. Simon.I
 remember Jack Eagle and Manny Fox from Georgie Auld's 1944
 big band.Henry Jerome was a trumpeter who,according to
 George T. Simon,played stiffly and rather sharp.I remember
 Gene DiNovi from a short lived big band led by Chubby
 Jackson that recorded for Co-
 > lumbia in 1950.I believe Tiny Kahn was also the drummer
 in that band.Jackson recorded four sides for them which were
 released on French Columbia back in the 1970s.I have the
 album here:I bought it in the early '80s in a drug store in
 North Bend,Oregon.Is that CD available or is it out of
 print?
 wrote:

 > Subject: Re: [78-L] NIXON LAWYER LEONARD GARMENT OBIT
 > To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
 > Date: Monday, July 15, 2013, 7:03 PM
 >
 > No 78s but there is this CD:
 > Love L-1002 [CD]
 >
 > The First Big Band To Ever Play Bebop : Henry Jerome
 > Orchestra 1944-45 : Pers. prob. includes Jack Eagle,
 Manny
 > Fox (tp) Johnny Mandel (b-tp) Bill Vitale, Alan
 Greenspan,
 > Len Garment, Al Cohn (saxes) Gene di Novi (p) or
 Shorty