No subject

Wed Jul 10 01:15:48 PDT 2013

thought to *possibly* be by Sterling Holloway because the PM couldn't make
it to the studio for the broadcast (no broadcats could originate from the
British House of Commons).

Here's an article I just found:
http://www.fpp.co.uk/bookchapters/WSC/Observer291000.html

It is important to remember that many of the audio clips from Churchill's
famous speeches that are floating around were made long after the fact by
Churchill for Decca, which may explain why they sound differently from
others recorded during the war.

I have several lacquer recordings of Churchill from BBC shortwave broadcats
made by an American radio station during the war.  Now I've got to dig them
out and listen again!

Sammy Jones