[78-L] Joe Mares, New Orleans

Roger Wade rwade1947 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 11 14:22:43 PDT 2013

Hi Mike,

Joe Mares was the driving force behind the Southland record label in New Orleans.  Southland issued 78s in the early 1950s and then moved on to 10-inch and 12-inch LPs, all with local New Orleans jazz musicians.  I have a couple of 12-inch acetates with "Joe Mares, Jr., New Orleans, LA" labels.  The content on these was issued on Southland LPs so these actates with typewritten labels may be test pressings.  Anyway I think they're cool which is why I bid on them in one of Kurt Nauck's auctions.  I can post scans if anyone is interested.

Roger Wade
Really Old Records