[78-L] Borrowed tunes

Dave Burnham burnhamd at rogers.com
Wed Jul 10 08:38:54 PDT 2013

Let me try to make an idiot out of you. The Beethoven tune starts on the second note of the Brahms. That note is the Tonic (doh) of the Brahms and the mediant (mi) of the Beethoven. Proceeding from there in that key, the Beethoven provides a perfectly harmonized counter melody to the Brahms.

db

Sent from my iPhone