[78-L] Scriabin

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 9 19:14:59 PDT 2013

My guess would be continuous playing for the Program Transcription versions.
I've had them (may still have one of them, or transfers thereof, not accessible
at the moment). I guess Stokowski still had some clout with Victor, since the
Philly was the only orchestra they didn't drop when the record business tanked.
How else to account for two different recorded performances of Gurrelieder?

dl