[78-L] Length of jazz recordings

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 9 15:45:22 PDT 2013

Ellington did two flips in the late 20s and early 30s, SING SING SING was a 9
minute two-sider, Blue Note recorded a 4-part MEADE LUX LEWIS set called "The
Blues" in (I think) 1939, Jerry Newman recorded Charlie Christian live and
issued the recordings on Vox 78s and then on his own Esoteric label, Granz put
out a few volumes of JATP well before the lp era...

dl