[78-L] Bernstein's Rhapsody

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 7 08:14:00 PDT 2013

Hindemith didn't steal from Weber, he acknowledged in the title of his work that
he had used Weber's theme as the basis of his piece.  Der Lennerl does not....
Nor is it a la jazz, where a soloist will throw a reference to another tune in just to
show that he can do it, or turn a solo into a quodlibet by throwing in an extended
riff on  second tune whilst the guy riffing the title tune is doing his thing therewith.

Mike in Plovdiv