[78-L] Bernstein's Rhapsody

David Weiner djwein at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 6 12:01:48 PDT 2013

I dunno - I find Levant to be sloppy and surfacey in his performances. I
also am not crazy about Jesus Maria Sanroma with the Boston Pops - I think
his RCA is the first complete recording? Rushed and messy. The most
satisfactory recordings, for me, are more recent - by Earl Wild, Jeffrey
Siegel and Werner Haas.  Kay Swift rated the Haas recording highly, as
being most similar to George's playing style.

Dave Weiner