[78-L] Bailey discography

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Jul 1 14:44:14 PDT 2013

On 01/07/13 20:49, vmc78 at qwestoffice.net wrote:

> 	  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
> For the post war commercial recordings, "Jazz Records 1942-1962" by
> Jorgen G. Jepsen.(in 11 volumes) Out of print, but some libreries may
> still have it. Worst case: I could scan & send those pages- but my
> time is SO short...
>
> 	Best, Scott Holthus, Vintage Music Company, Minneapolis

If you want a printed version of recordings under her own name, you
could try Erik Raben's unfinished A-Z discography (1942-?).

Incidentally, there are a few Vocalion takes that aren't listed in any
discographies, as far as I know. Also, a V-Disc take of "Someday
Sweetheart" which is different from the one issued on VJC 1006-2 (CD),
neither of which was issued on V-Disc.

      Julian Vein