[78-L] Marterie Query

Ray Kilcoyne kil at roadrunner.com
Fri Jun 21 13:24:39 PDT 2013

I also found Johnny Bibb on at least one session in 1952.  But BONGO GUITAR
was recorded in November 1954, so Tedesco is your best bet so far.
RayK

From: Dan Van Landingham
After doing some quick checking,Al Caiola worked with him in 1949 when
Marterie first joined Mercury.Then in 1953,Tommy Tedesco appeared on his
records in 1953-54.

From: David Lewis
Some may call it the squariest of square interest areas, but my interest in
Ralph Marterie began long ago with "Crazy Man Crazy" and his unsung
(and unlikely) role as a rock n roll pioneer. However it has stepped up a
bit lately as my friend the singer Bill Walters toured with Marterie and
sang
on several of Marterie's Mercury singles. So I've been picking them up --
they are quite common both as 78s and 45s. And I must say I am enjoying
some of these instrumentals he recorded.

Does anyone know who the guitarist might be on "Bongo Guitar" (Mer
70482/70482x45)?