[78-L] MK and Artia Records

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Jun 19 11:10:08 PDT 2013

From: Eric Goldberg <ericgoldie2 at yahoo.com>
> Does anyone have a listing of MK and Artia records that were available in the
> US during the early 1960's. I know that many of the MK records did derive from
> 78s so I am actually on topic.  Thank you  Eric Goldberg

This list really covers the 78 ERA, so the early 60s is still part of
the era, especially in the Soviet Union!  I think I might have a listing
of the MKs repackaged by the New Jersey company, but they renumbered
them from the Soviet numbers.  Actually, very few of them were from 78s.
There is a large hardbound Soviet LP catalog that was published in 1965
of the LPs that were considered of exportable interest (no domestic pop)
and this shows how few LPs were really from 78s -- except for the
microgroove 78s of 1953 which were out of print by then.

I'm on my way to the Jazz Record Bash, so don't have time right now to
hunt out the lists.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com