[78-L] Graham Prince & the Palais d'Or Orchestra

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Tue Jun 18 18:18:18 PDT 2013

Greetings from FixitLand!

On 18 Jun 2013, at 4:21 PM, David Weiner wrote:

> Just got a hi-fi Electradisc test pressing by this band ­ they seem to fit
> into a raft of 1932 Victor Sid Peltyn, Gene Kardos & Joe Haymes sessions.
> Anyone know if this is a "real" band or just another Sid Peltyn pseudonym?

Which one is it? I've got at least one Graham Prince side [Victor 24080-A "Linger Longer (In My Arms)", labeled as by Eliot Everett and Orchestra]. Doesn't sound like Kardos to me; Peltyn maybe. Is yours one of the block recorded 13 June 1932? I think Rust lists those under Prince's name rather than Kardos or Peltyn (or Art Tist and his Orch. or wotever).

Love that Studio #1 hi-fi sound.

Take care,

—
Joe
—
“When I play with my cat, who knows whether she is not amusing herself with me more than I with her.”—Michel de Montaigne