[78-L] Japanese Victors by Nat Shilkret

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Sat Jun 15 11:52:38 PDT 2013

Greetings from FixitLand!

On 10 Jun 2013, at 9:28 PM, L78rpm at aol.com wrote:

> Forwarded by permission from Sam Brylawski, who is working with data
> posted on the EDVR.
>
> Good morning. Thanks for your note. I'm pleased to have these release
> numbers. I didn't have them. All four sides were recorded on 8/30/1932, Studio
> 2, New York. No other similar recordings were made that day.
>
> Mtx numbers are as follows:
>
> Tokyo  BVE-73328
> Shingion BVE-73329
> Manshu BVE-73330
> Ginza  BVE-73331

Immediately following a Jimmie Rodgers session the day before. 1932...that explains why I couldn't find them on EDVR...which is currently updated only to mid-1930. They just haven't gotten to this session yet. (Wonder why we weren't quoted any take digits...? Have to keep waiting, I guess.)

Thanks much to all involved in the search!

Take care,

—
Joe
—
"If cats are 'pets' and people are 'masters' why am I the one standing here with a Pooper Scooper?"—Karl Knox (1960–2005)