[78-L] International transactions

Matthew Duncan recordgeek334578 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 13:49:32 PDT 2013

Hi Cary,

Probably best not to change anything.  Simply forget and move on.

The main reason I say this is because...

I have had two bad experiences so far this year on Ebay with buyers after 10+ years of no bother at all..

The two cases relate to me being conned after selling Classical LPs.

I used to make good money from this but stopped as a result of the 2 problems.

After 'spitting my dummy out' so to speak, I went off ebay for a while (mainly cos my Paypal account was frozen both times!) and started selling non-Classical vinyl at record fairs.  I ditched the remaining Classical LPs in one job lot as I viewed them as a burden after the recent events described above.

I haven't had massive success from the fairs and regret my decision - I will be returning to ebay selling whatever I feel...still doing the fairs but choosing which ones to do very carefully...

This is just my twopence worth, but, it's easy to feel rubbish about all this now but....Does this mean the next non-English guy will do the same??   What about losing custom as a result of restricting where you send stuff??

Worth at least considering just leaving things as they are - plus, you MUST (as far as know) accept returns under Ebay policies these days...at least in the UK...I imagine the US are at least as stringent.

Cheers
Matt in Blighty