[78-L] Packing Horrors

marimbamoods at comcast.net marimbamoods at comcast.net
Wed Jun 12 19:22:05 PDT 2013

i just received a breaker today (one of several damaged this year) from an eBay genius who wrapped the record in tissue paper & placed it in a 1" deep box.

i can not control where the records that interest me turn up, whether they are offered by a reputable dealer i am familiar with or an eBay moron. if i only purchased from trusted dealers, i would miss many interesting records that are offered elsewhere. my hobby is collecting interesting 78 records, not collecting interesting record dealers.

however, until eBay offers feedback rating for packaging quality, things will not change. we, as a community dedicated to the preservation of 78's, may want to consider a group communication to eBay management putting this issue on the table for consideration.

best, david harvey