[78-L] Japanese Victors by Nat Shilkret

L78rpm at aol.com L78rpm at aol.com
Mon Jun 10 21:28:29 PDT 2013

Forwarded by permission from Sam Brylawski, who is working with data
posted on the EDVR.

Good morning. Thanks for your note. I'm pleased to have these release
numbers. I didn't have them. All four sides were recorded on 8/30/1932, Studio
2, New York. No other similar recordings were made that day.

Mtx numbers are as follows:

Tokyo  BVE-73328

Shingion BVE-73329
Manshu BVE-73330
Ginza  BVE-73331

As for 52000 mtx series. They were assigned to motion  picture recordings.
We have documentation on some of them, but not  all.

The 52000 d/f disc series looks like it was a Japanese or  Asian series. We
have very little on them. These two releases do not appear  to be
represented by the Victor blue history (release) cards at the Sony  Archives.

We do provide the ability to search mtx numbers in  EDVR. Use the Basic
Search option.

Thanks again.
Sam