[78-L] Axel Christensen on Paramount

Han Enderman jcenderman at solcon.nl
Fri Jun 7 16:26:57 PDT 2013

Thanks to everyone, but you told me what I had discovered already today.
The record is unknown to the experts, but I have a 7-year old scan of side B,
and thus I know it's by Axel. At the time I did not know it was rarer than
Zulu's Ball, of which 2 sides of an existing copy are known, and did not make
a note about the A-side. You all know that problem.
(Can I get rich by selling the scan of side B?)
My interest is discographically only. I hope someone has the record and
can give us the info.

han enderman
===
>>> That was far too easy, Kristjan.

Han -
Ty S. doesn't show it on the website and I don't have label scans of
either side.
I guess I'll have to consult "The Book."
Well darn it, Walt Allen's 20000 list doesn't show it, either!
And neither does the NYRL discog at the University of Wisconsin (which I
just now discovered!):
http://uwdc.library.wisc.edu/collections/MillsSpColl/Paramount
Hmmm... it's very possible 20217 has yet to be identified.
There are other sources available to me but they are in Europe and
require my sending out actual letters which can take as much as a two
week turnaround. Just how bad do you need this info?
Malcolm

*******

On 6/7/2013 11:40 AM, Kristjan Saag wrote:
> http://www.78discography.com/PMT20000.htm
> Kristjan
>
> On 2013-06-07 22:20, Han Enderman wrote:
>> Axel Christensen made a few records in the Paramount 20000 series.
>> Can someone tell me what is on Pm 20217 ?
>>
>> han enderman
-------------------------
very interesting article about him here:  http://ragpiano.com/comps/chrstnsn.shtml

Library of Congress has the following 78's:
  Puritan 11173 (78A) Title: The girl I kissed on the stairs ; Teasing the classics
  Puritan 11202 (78A) Title: I certainly was going some ; Sing 'em
  Famous 3167 (78A) Title: The girl I kissed on the stairs ; Teasing the classics
  Okeh 4973 (78A) Title: The girl I kissed on the stairs ; Teasing the klassics

  Triangle 11396 (78A) Title: Rock-a-bye my baby blues ; Love of my dreams(Axel Christensen)
    Broadway Melody Makers

Best wishes, Thomas.
<<<