[78-L] Mischa Levitzki

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri Jun 7 09:51:55 PDT 2013

I don't know if 78L is still in business or not, (on the digest that came yesterday at 3PM, my message from Wednesday was the last posting), but I'll assume all is well.

I just came across another composer who is not listed in WERM or David Hall's "Record Books", Mischa Levitzki.  He was a pianist/composer who recorded some of his own works on RCA Red Seal and his works were performed by others, (I have in my hands another RCA Red Seal of his "Valse Tzigane", performed by Luboshutz and Nemenoff).  His output seems to have been extensive, there are a number of CDs of his recordings available, but he appears to have been more famous as a pianist than as a composer.  His career was cut short in 1941 when he died suddenly of a heart attack at the age of 41.

db