[78-L] Jean Stapleton, was Re: -OT 1940's radio - "down-east" character

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sat Jun 1 18:40:10 PDT 2013

ibdb:

 b. Jan 19, 1923 New York, New York, USA ) Female
Also known as: Jeanne Murray [Birthname]

American Theatre Wing biography
JEAN STAPLETON Broadway: In the Summer House, Damn Yankees, Bells are Ringing, Rhinoceros, Juno, Funny Girl, Arsenic & Old Lace.
Off-Broadway: Classic Stage: The Entertainer, Mountain Language and Happy Days by Harold Pinter (Obie Award), Bon Appetit;
Signature Theatre: Horton Foote's The Roads to Home and Night Seasons. Regional: (Hartford Stage, Alley Theatre, Guthrie, Arena
Stage, South Coast Rep, etc.) The Carpetbagger's Children, Eleanor: Her Secret Journey, The Death of Papa, Blithe Spirit; Kennedy
Center: Harvey; Come Back, Little Sheba, Paul Osborn's Morning's at Seven, George Kelly's The Show-Off and Daisy Mayne, Bon
Appetit, The Late Christopher Bean; Shakespeare Theatre, Washington, D.C.: Romeo & Juliet; New York City Opera: Cinderella;
American Conservatory Theatre, San Francisco: Tom Stoppard's Indian Ink (American premiere), The Matchmaker, Learned Ladies
(Moliere), Bon Appetit. TV: All in the Family (three Emmy awards, three Golden Globe awards), Eleanor: First Lady of the World
(Emmy nomination), Grace Under Fire (Emmy nomination), Chance of a Lifetime, Caroline in the City, Everybody Loves Raymond, Horton
Foote's Lily Dale and The Habitation of Dragons, Like Mother, Like Son (The Kimes Story).

Bio as of May, 2010.

Arsenic and Old Lace
[Play, Comedy, Revival]

Starring: Jean Stapleton [Abby Brewster]
 Jun 26, 1986 - Jan 03, 1987
Funny Girl
[Musical, Comedy, Original]

Also Starring: Jean Stapleton [Mrs. Strakosh]
 Mar 26, 1964 - Jul 01, 1967
Rhinoceros
[Play, Original]

Performer: Jean Stapleton [Mrs. Ochs]
 Sep 18, 1961 - Sep 30, 1961
Rhinoceros
[Play, Original]

Performer: Jean Stapleton [Mrs. Ochs]
 Jan 09, 1961 - Aug 05, 1961
Juno
[Musical, Comedy, Original]

Performer: Jean Stapleton [Mrs. Madigan]
 Mar 09, 1959 - Mar 21, 1959
Bells Are Ringing
[Musical, Comedy, Original]

Performer: Jean Stapleton [Sue]