[78-L] Boys in the Backroom (was Re: Presto K-8 portable disc recorder for sale...)

bradc944 at comcast.net bradc944 at comcast.net
Wed May 29 10:41:48 PDT 2013

Funny you mention that... I recently transferred and did a remaster ATTEMPT on the Columbia LP of Marlene's London performance. Yes, the one with Noel Coward doing the introduction. Why do I say ATTEMPT? Because, halfway through side 2, it sounds like the source recording went straight down the bog (a nice way of putting it).

Is there a known reason why the quality suffered so much? My source disc was a 6-eye mono press in very good shape, so was it something in the repressing? Or just poo tape at the end of the performance...

Brad