[78-L] Bix & Louis

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Thu May 23 05:22:23 PDT 2013

On 5/21/2013 5:16 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> I'm sure you'll get a different answer from every list member...
The Bix era is rather short, so there was not a lot of time for
variation in style. The best bet there  is to get a few "best of" CD's
and just enjoy them all.
On the other hand, Louie Armstrong's career spanned many decades and he
ad quite adaptable. He also could be found on different mediums, from
records to cinema to TV. It's going to be tougher with him.

If you are in it just to enjoy the music, that is what I'd do. Buying
records will prove to be an interesting proposition, because most of the
well-loved cuts will also be in big demand. And they don't make 'em anymore.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr.

Technology...thoughtfully, responsibly.

Visit me at http://citroen.cappyfabrics.com