[78-L] Date, personnel for Brunswick 3744 Rodney Rogers' Red Peppers?

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue May 21 11:13:39 PDT 2013

There is also an ensemble vocal chorus on "Milenberg Joys."

The song is spelled "Chile Blues" on OKeh 41102, with the group listed as The Three Jacks. The flip side of this pairing is "Spanish Shawl," recorded 6/28/28.

There's a passage in my biography of Milton Brown where pianist Fred Calhoun recalls performing on KTAT with this group. According to Calhoun, they were from Chicago. The leader's name was Jack Stone.

Cary Ginell